Sunday, January 1, 2012

維格餅家鳳梨酥, Pineapple Tarts from Taiwan

鳳梨酥, Pineapple mini-cake (box of 12, NT$ 360 = S$14.87)

I always love Pineapple Tart during the Lunar New Year; it sweetens ones up and seems most appropriate for this most auspicious time of the year. Hack the calories yah!

Nic bought these from his recent Taiwan trip where his business associate recommended him some of their proudest local product - Vigor Kobo Pineapple cakes, award winner of 1st prize at the 2006 Taipei City Council Gift Championship.

I like the finely textured crust and subtle sweetness that's really aren't cloying at all, thanks to its filling of just 30% fresh pineapple and 70% white gourd; my first thought was possibly making this a nice treat for diabetic Grandma.

鸳鸯綠豆糕, Mung Bean Cakes (box of 10, NT$ 360 = S$14.87)

If you're curious about their green bean + red bean cakes, this is it. It tasted cool in the mouth, non flaky at all, littlest sweetness, smooth and light.

A must-buy from the Vigor too.

2 comments:

Albert said...

Try their 鴛鴦綠豆糕, I love this so much that everytime I go Taiwan, I will carry 1 carton back for myself and as gift.

http://www.taiwan-vigor.com.tw/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=10006&Category=378437

Beary said...

Thank you. And it does look good - red bean paste encased in green bean pastry!